Friday, December 12, 2008

Retiring Guy Goes to the Capitol

To check out the Christmas tree in the rotunda.

Oops! I guess I misspoke. It's officially referred to as the State Capitol Tree. (Coal in the stocking to whomever thought up this stilted phrase. )

Enjoy the pics and links to background information.

Wisconsin State Capitol time line


Wisconsin State Capitol Historic Structure Report





The place of origin of this year's tree.

News release from the



Check out this great photo on Flickr.
(Event that just took place:
Swearing in of new members of the

A view of State Street from the west entrance to the Capitol. As I walked to the Lake Street ramp, the researcher in me wondered how many current business along State Street were in operation when I moved to Wisconsin in 1978 -- or even when JoAnna and I moved to Middleton in 1986. I feel another photography excursion coming on.

No comments:

Labels