Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 10, 1973


Last night when I was working in the library, Dr. Kryzs asked if he could speak with me. Adjusting to the surprise with various thoughts of what he might have to say, I walked with him to the tables by the periodicals. He then showed me these notecards on which he had started to list ideas for ways in which to revamp his course. We talked about the improvements that had taken place in the course after the midterm, the fear of certain students about the professor's possible vindictiveness, and the biased nature of the evaluations themselves. He seemed sincere in his efforts to institute change into the course structure and that impressed me tremendously, especially the fact that he would approach me with his tentative changes. The term has proven to be a see-saw experience with this man.

No comments:

Labels