Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 22, 1990


I wake up early, before 5, and quickly decide that I'm too bright-eyed to go back to sleep.  I spend most of the morning racing my eyeballs to the last page of Presumed Innocent.  Did Barbara really murder Carolyn?  Just now clever is Rusty? 


While the rest of the family takes an afternoon nap, I go shopping.  Sears provides a bonanza for Andy:  two pairs of jeans, a blue sweat suit, and t-shirts.  But no snowsuit.  I walk to the other end of the mall and find no activewear for my wife, but on the return jostle, I find just what I'm looking for at Au Cotton.  Suncoast actually has a post-natal exercise video. 

On the way home, I stop at the library and expect to see a stack of CDs, but only one is on my desk.  I don't even check it out.  During the evening, it's TV and a half-hearted start at The Joy Luck Club.

No comments:

Labels