Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15, 1991

Jo leaves early for Milwaukee.  I volunteer to drive Andy to daycare.  An overnight snowfall leaves Madison streets in very poor condition and prevents me from getting to work on time.  As soon as I walk into the library, I see Sharon storming toward the exit, pushing the vacuum cleaner with a ferocious determination.  For the second time in two weeks, we have no cleaning service.  When I call Don Gibson, a recording tells me that the number has been disconnected.  Figuring that I dialed a wrong number, I try again.  Same result.  I call an operator and she informs me that the disconnection is due to lack of payment.  I then shift into crisis mode, talking to Joel and Hank about the library's options and am a bit put out when they put a resolution of the problem entirely in my hands.  It's a relief to find Don at home and a bigger one to learn that my crisis is news to him.

It's a long day.  I'm so tired that all I care about is going home and sacking out on the couch.  I'm in bed before nine.

No comments:

Labels