Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 1991


The weather is perfect of laying out in the sun.  There's enough of a breeze to keep our bodies from sweating.  I lay out on the floating dock with JoAnna, Barb, and Diane until I feel parts of my body pinking out.  During the afternoon, six of us drive into Tomahawk for pie.  Later in the afternoon, I turn down a boat ride and enjoy an hour of solitude on the dock, reading a Shirley Jackson short story anthology.  "The Lottery" doesn't have the impact I thought it would.  I make a mental note to read up on the controversy.  

Once the group is together again, we watch the Packers game, cook out, and play Trivial Pursuit.  JoAnna and I win.  Bedtime is 1 a.m.   Only a couple of beers today, so I won't have to worry about a hangover.

No comments:

Labels