Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23, 1991



I meet with Pete Hamon, Julie and Phyllis at the SCLS office to review Pete's draft of the "sugar daddy" alternative to automation.  After about two hours of discussion, Julie works herself up into a lather over Pete's alleged used-up credibility.  He reacts as though he's just been punched in the stomach.  Automation planning seems to do strange things to people.

The afternoon at Middleton is uneventful.  At 5, I make an appearance at the Finance Committee meeting to withdraw the capital budget request, which better not turn out to be premature, and make a plea for the library's decision items.

I pick up Andy at daycare.  About 9 or so, I fix myself a deluxe burger and then veg out for the rest of game 4 of the World Series.

No comments:

Labels