Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21, 1992


The weekend's top-grossing movie

JoAnna's day is pretty much booked, but we find a little time for a family breakfast outing at Perkins.  We drive there in separate vehicles as JoAnna will need to make an earlier-than-the-rest-of-us departure.  Having already scarfed down a peanut-butter-and-jelly English muffin a couple of hours earlier, I bypass the major chow and order potato pancakes.  Used to be, back in the seventies, this was the only thing I ordered off Perkins' menu.

Snow falls throughout the day.  By the early afternoon at least four inches accumulates.  JoAnna hesitates about going out, but I encourage her to keep to her schedule of doing doors.  She goes out for a couple of hours.  By the time she returns, there is 6 or 7 snow on the ground.

JoAnna makes Swedish meatballs for supper and then shovels the sidewalk and driveway.  I'm the one who should be outside getting exercise, but I continue to burn off calories in my dreams.

No comments:

Labels