Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 1, 1992


Great day.  It's almost as though I were single, but of course, if I were single, I wouldn't be contemplating yard work.  I'd've fired up a mega-doobie and baked my bare back in the hot sun as I pedaled around Madison and environs.  After dropping off the boys at daycare, I drive to the credit union and cash a check that is half what I expected.  I stop at Mickie's Dairy Bar for breakfast, parking the car within view of Larry and Martha's.  I think about going to visit, but my stomach leads me elsewhere.  As I'm sitting at the counter, I imagine what a sense of deja vu this place must have for UW grads (and dropouts from my era).  Remodeling and renovations have been kept to a minimum.  So anyway the rest of the morning and afternoon is spent planting peas, lettuces, spinach, and radishes.  I pick up the boys and stop at McDonald's to get them supper.  As soon as we get back to the house, I make a path between the picnic table and the boom box trying to retape tunes from the British Invasion era.

No comments:

Labels