Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A View from a Bike Seat

OK. True confessions. I did stop and dismount (twice) to take this series of pictures of the green Wisconsin landscape north of Middleton.

One view shows approximately two-thirds sky; the other two-thirds land. The one above shows three bands of interest, if you will. I have many similar photos (slides, actually) taken during the early 1980s along the country roads north, west, and south of Oshkosh. (Retirement project I've yet to tackle: digitize my slide collection.)

One of the pleasures of biking is having an unimpeded view of your surroundings. No looking through a windshield.

The thing is, I probably wouldn't have taken these pictures if my lazy bum of a son -- which one? does it matter? -- had accompanied me on yesterday's bike ride. I even extended him an invitation.

No comments:

Labels