Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Retiring Guy Takes the Scenic Route from Portage to Middleton

Someone should start a pool as to when this building will finally topple. (It's just a stone's throw -- be careful! -- from the Interstate, a few miles south of where 90/94 & 39 separate.)



If I told you there is an elephant hiding in the picture, would you believe me?


Two words. Slasher movie. Or maybe just one. Chainsaw.


My first drive on Columbia County Highway U after 31 years of living in Wisconsin. Had to stop and take in this view.



I definitely like the landscaping framing better.


The Merrimac ferry, which Gerry & the Pacemakers never sang about. Everyone obeys the sign. Even me while taking this picture.

If you tilt your head to the right, Lake Wisconsin looks like a donkey about to suck its thumb. . (Yeah, I know.)

A sign in downtown Merrimac announced that state highway 78 to Prairie du Sac was closed. LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY. If the ferry had not been operating, I would have added some serious extra mileage to my scenic-route jaunt.

The railroad bridge detracts from the panoramic view of Lake Wisconsin.

CU BYE

No comments:

Labels