Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30, 1990

We all sleep in this morning.  That is, I don't get up early enough to do any taping.  I spend the morning reading the newspapers -- not much of interest -- and finish Hot Money, the first Dick Francis novel I've read.  After lunch, I remember I have some pictures to pick up.  The change in Eddie's appearance in less than two weeks amazes me. 

We take down the Christmas tree, and once again the living room is returned to its pre-holiday configuration.  I experience that vaguely melancholy feeling about the passing of the season and the imminent return of a regular schedule.  Due to the nature of my Christmas vacations as an adult, I haven't experienced this sensation as strongly as I have this year since high school.

For supper, I eat an enormous amount of barbecued chicken legs and wings.  Gin always whets my appetite.

Eddie has a rough night.  He keeps JoAnna up most of hte night.  Andy wakes up crying; he's wet the bed.  Surprisingly, I wake up at 7:30 feeling refreshed.

No comments:

Labels