Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31, 1990


As Andy soon takes over the family room with his videos, I move my boom box to the living room so I can do some taping.  I also do about four loads of wash.  During the afternoon, I watch Nickelodeon's countdown until it's time for us to go out.  One particular episode of Bewitched has me in stitches.  (A carved wooden figure conjured up by Endora causes everyone who comes close to it to speak his mind.)

We spend most of the evening at Barb Worcester's.  I smash one of the van's side-view mirrors trying to negotiate my way around her building.  Maybe it wsa the martini as much as the tight space.

Eddie sleeps through most of the night, and Andy is on his best behavior.  We stop at Larry and Martha's on the way home.  It's a crowded house party.  JoAnna is in her element, which leave me to keep an eye on Andy.  I gently squeeze her shoulder on my way to pick up our coats and announce, "It's time to leave."     

No comments:

Labels