Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 1991

The Finance & Governance subcommittee meeting, scheduled for a full morning and afternoon of torture in Middleton's conference room, lasted less than 90 minutes, to everyone's surprise.  Some of us were expecting a contentious day with Peter Niemi, but since our last meeting, the Madison Public Library board has seen the light.  Suddenly, I have a freed-up day, but I'm not in the mood for work.

The library bandit was apprehended earlier in the day, just after midnight, to be exact.  Turns out to be just the person I would have fingered, Don's son-in-law, a surly, swaggering son of a bitch.  Considering I saw him only once, that's a pretty strong opinion.  I keep wondering if my feelings were based on latent racism or if I simply had an encounter with a walking, walking, make that mumbling, stereotype.

No comments:

Labels