Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23, 1991

Housecleaning is today's focus and fortunately the view outside is depressing one.  The trees shake violently against a gray sky.  I tackle the laundry.  At noon, Andy and I go shopping.  We first stop at Menard's, where I inspect ceiling light fixtures (a replacement for the utility room seems to be no longer available, a discontinued style from the early 1960s), wall mirrors, and louver doors.  Next stop is Cub Foods, followed by Brennan's (for a chuck roast), and True Value Hardware for a replacement wing nut.  (And I would have asked for a butterfly nut!  Maybe that's what they are called in Two Rivers.)   Barry and Mary join us for dinner.  The conversation is supposed to focus on alternatives to working for the Broydricks, but it never proceeds to that point, and I'm hesitant to ask the $64 question.

No comments:

Labels