Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 1991

Session number 5.  I go into it feeling confident and I suppose once it's over I have no major criticism of my performance.  I crave perfection, smoothness, articulation of library ideals beyond anyone's belief.  What are they thinking, I wonder.  If only I had the opportunity to be a full-time instructor.  Darlene, where is my offer?  Sometimes I think I just want to get away from the increasingly frantic pace of public library that's on the verge of becoming a teen hangout.

Part of today's list of things to do includes a review of my notes of next week's ETN session.  Dream on.  I barely have time for a review of the latest LJ and Booklist.  Have I created a monster or am I just the best public library director you could ever imagine?  Like the tour group last Thursday asked, "Do you have any openings?"  We are coveted.

No comments:

Labels