Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1, 1991

A new week, another Monday finds me at the information desk, composing my weekly column when I'm not helping people.  It's a surprisingly busy morning, Madison's last day of spring break.  The atmosphere in the library becomes increasingly squirrelly as the afternoon progresses.  Reports from Liz, Sharon, and Pat indicate that Chris Robbins is his usual uncontrollable self.  When I confront him with his variety of misdeeds, he naturally denies everything.  My asking him to leave makes him feisty, a little too much so.  "Faggot!  Motherfucking bastard!" he says to me as he starts to leave.  I tell him not to come back for the rest of the week.  Then I call his Mom and express my displeasure.  She says an apology will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Labels