Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 28, 1991



The day didn't start off on a good foot.  While cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast, I have an accident with the scrap paper garbage container, lose my cool, storm into the bedroom, confront JoAnna and demand to know when the garbage is going to be taken away.  For much of the day after that, JoAnna does a Cindy Broderick imitation.  We take a family trip to the car wash to give the Nissan a long overdue vacuuming.  The Bruce Company is closed, so I make that trip later, on my own.  On the way, I stop at the library to look for 1969 tunes to tape.  My latest project is a chronological review of all the songs that cracked the top 20.

I spend the afternoon putting in the vegetable garden:  lettuce, spinach, and peas.  Is there a farmer in me?  The answer should be apparent in a few weeks.  JoAnna has a fundraiser to attend during the late afternoon.  While she's gone, Play baseball with Andy and fire up the gas grill.

No comments:

Labels