Monday, February 11, 2013

Tuesday, February 11, 1992


A partial morning off.  I have an 11 o'clock appointment with Pat to have my hair cut.  My free time is spent at the computer, inputting calendar squares from early 1987.  JoAnna's pregnant; I'm bored.  I still miss the freedom of Oshkosh, the exhilarating bike rides, the crazy Tuesday night, the late-night solitary highs.

Deb is today's interview candidate.  Considering the fact that she's already been offered two jobs this year, both Liz and I are expecting a big-gun showing.  It doesn't happen.  Deb is so overcome with a case of nerves that she can manage only the briefest of answers to our questions.  She doesn't put the slightest dent into Eve's or Diane's chances.

The board meeting is a very useful and productive 2-hour session.  Sandy Allen appears to be very supportive of the library's needs, specifically in the areas of staffing and materials.  Now I have mixed feelings about John Schaffer's candidacy.  I think I'd rather have Sandy go to the mat against Julie and Don.

No comments:

Labels