Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The "last" year

Although it may seem that I'm eager to leave, I still very much enjoy my responsibilities as Library Director. Nevertheless, I still can't help but think in terms of "last acts".

  • Last staff in-service workshop (Next August's gathering will be an opportunity to "Meet the New Library Director".)
  • Last calendar ordered for myself. (Shouldn't I be organizing my life electronically anyway?)
  • Last budget preparation. (Well, almost. Due to the recruitment & hiring timetable, I needed to prepare a template for the 2009 budget proposal. Thinking too far ahead maybe?)
  • Last budget presentation to finance committee. (The new director will have no doubt already experienced this sensation elsewhere.)
  • Last Wisconsin Library Association conference as a full-time librarian. (I've already volunteered to help out at the registration desk for the October 2008 WLA conference at the Marriott in Middleton. What an arm-twister that Nancy McClements is!)

But it's too early to take a curtain call right now.

No comments:

Labels