Saturday, June 7, 2008

Latest Views from the Side Yard


Taken before a blizzard of maple keys cover the ground.

(Yesterday Eddie swept and scooped a half-inch carpet of this tree debrise from the patio. I tackled the driveway and filled a trash bag.)

Deb Nelson, library gardener (no relation), has offered to give me a 2-hour consultation as a retirement gift. I told her that this side of the yard is overdue for a makeover. Based on her transformation of the library's landscaping, I'll be eager to implement her suggestions.

The window boxes and hanging baskets are small, but very effective, touches that JoAnna and I added last year. The significantly overhanging eave prevents the plants from receiving any rainwater. And this side of the house, facing south, is by far the hottest. Consequently, remembering to water on a nearly daily basis is a must. (And guess what, I just saw the spout of a watering can enter the frame of the window above the computer monitor. Thanks, Hon!)





No comments:

Labels