Saturday, September 12, 2009

Porc-Epic Roti

JoAnna purchased this cookbook during our New Brunswick trip last month. Yesterday I thought I'd page through it to see what recipes I might be interested in trying.

As though taunting me, the book opened to page 97

Porc-Epic Roti
(Roast Pocupine)

Ingredients
1 porcupine.
(Whoda thought? An introductory paragraph notes that porcupine is at its best toward the of the fall. Oh, good, there's still time.)

And how to prep a porcupine? Not to worry. It's almost as easy as opening a can of tuna fish.

Remove the skin, clean and wash the porcupine. Spinkle the body cavity with salt and fill with stuffing. (Reference to a recipe on page 93.) Sew up the opening.

After an hour and a half of baking at 350, you add 5-6 whole potatoes, 5-6 whole carrots, and 2 whole onions to the roasting pan and cook for additional hour.

About that removing the skin part. Granted, you wouldn't want to try this with a live porcupine, but I can't picture it being easy with the dead animal either.

I'm gonna take a pass on this one.

Temps de boustifaille!

No comments:

Labels