Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7, 1973

Grayce and Bev

What a night! Where do I begin, so much has happened. Will I get it all down and will I carry through? Yes, yes, yes, I must. This time it is of the utmost importance. It cannot be only the quantity of wine that has made me feel bold, but rather the injustice that has been directed against my word. Yesterday I found evaluation forms in my mailbox with a note from Mary Ellen. They were for Kryzs' class and were to be handed out and collected by me. As I was passing out the forms, Kathy Reithmueller asked me if Dr. Kryzs would see them. I told her no, they would be going straight to the office where they would be complied and then made public. Kryzs agreed to my passing out the forms and left the room for 15 minutes. Tonight I learned that after class Kryzs plowed up the stairs to the office and demanded to see the evaluation forms. I should have been able to predict this from his initial remarks upon returning to the room. I am really infuriated at his lack of cool. His unethical behavior roused me into action. However the confrontation might have gone, I had the entire weekend to cool off; consequently, the incident was pretty much brushed aside, although Forsman was there to spur us on at the moment of frantic call to arms.

When I should have been staying around after class to observe Kryzs' actions, I was nestled in the otherworld of Mrs. Hodges' office practicing music for the evening program. That went on for nearly an hour, after which time I walked home, called AAA for a jump, wolfed down some lunch, and drove my car (once revived) to the VW garage on Allies Blvd. to get a new battery installed. I did spend some time in the library later on. I talked with Grayce for awhile and we giggled a lot as we always do whenever we're together. Like silly grade schoolers, but it isn't as ludicrous as it sounds, considering the scholastic environment we have been placed in.

No comments:

Labels