Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18, 1991



I have more of an incentive to get it in gear this morning:  a 9:30 meeting at the South Central Library System administrative office.  Still, it does take a struggle.  JoAnna, looking as though she has seriously questioned the need to get out of bed, helps me out by getting Andy dressed.

The Resource Contract Committee is productive.  At the conclusion of the meeting, which extends past noon, we have identified all the necessary elements of what will be more than one contract.

On the way to Middleton, I stop on State Street for a recording that includes hard-to-find songs by Martha & the Vandellas and the Marvelettes:  "Come and Get These Memories, "Quicksand", "Playboy", "Beechwood 4-5789.  Nevertheless, I resume the Motown that evening, after a very enjoyable staff get-together at Sheila and Bruce's house.  The pot-luck arrangement results in an abundance of food, which I sample sparingly.

No comments:

Labels