Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5, 1991

A five-inch snowfall postpones our trip to Two Rivers.  I stop at the library to shovel the entrance and sidewalk.  Where is Public Works?  Guess I'll find out on Monday.  In the meantime, I earned my comp time for Monday afternoon.  The exercise was not just for my health. 

Before returning home, I go grocery shopping.  While JoAnna is at basketball practice, I play with Eddie.  He's so alert and pleasant for about an hour.  During the afternoon, I sack out on the long couch in the family room and nap for an hour, read the rest of the time.  Andy wakes up from his nap and then falls back asleep on top of me.  It's moments like these that make it feel so special to be a father. 

Later in the afternoon, I try to start the Nissan but get no response.  I continue to lounge through the evening.

No comments:

Labels