Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 1991

Not wanting to skip my exercise, I can't get to the Library Legislation Day program at the Inn on the Park on time.  I visit with Travis and one of Feingold's aides.  Between visits, I walk around the Square and enjoy the unseasonably warm weather and run into JoAnna with two of her clients on the way back inside.  I stop by Chuck's office but he's not in.  During the morning, I get a chance to talk with John, Gloria, and Sarah.

Bad news when I return home for lunch.  Barb reports that the microwave doesn't work, and my fuse replacements -- which necessitated two quick trips to the hardware store -- do not restore power.  I'm late for the forum meeting.  No matter.  It's a very casual get-together of library directors.

I call Eric and he eagerly comes to my rescue.  After the fix, he joins us around the table for some extended conversation.  I think how nice it would be to have all my old friends within easy visiting distance.

For the first time in my 41 years, there's a TV in the bedroom.

"I feel like I'm in a motel room," I comment to JoAnna before nodding off.

No comments:

Labels