Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14, 1991

Last week's Area Leaders meeting included a discussion of proper library attire and a suggestion that I somehow address the issue at today's full staff meeting.  During the week, I consider a variety of approaches.  I successfully ward off any feelings of pain, even though I'm not pleased with the situation I've been manipulated into.  I use a teacherly approach, providing a review of the past year to focus on the increasing importance of a positive public service attitude, without mentioned the heart of the matter:  Deb's bib overalls.  Then I distribute a copy of "How Approachable Are You as a Public Service Librarian?" self-evaluation.  The spiel actually proceeds quite smoothly, although I do forget to use my out-of-body experience line that I expected to gain big laughs.  For the second day in a row, I stay late to work on various lecture notes.

No comments:

Labels