Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 15, 1991

With Liz working during the afternoon to make up for hours she missed on Wednesday, I take advantage of a perfect opportunity to get a head start on the weekend.  My first errand after leaving is to deliver Kitty to the Humane Society   I place her in an empty Leinenkugel case, the bottom lined with newspapers, and drive with the music turned up loud and the window rolled down to cover the sound of her pitiful meowing.  I don't let it get to me because my thoughts are focused on a home where hairballs will no longer make a regular appearance in the living room, and cat hair will no longer be found everywhere.  After this mission of selfishness, I drive to the credit union to cash Jo's and my checks and then bop along State Street for awhile, dropping some cash at Pic-a-Book, Exclusive, and the B Side before chowing down on a gyro with fries at Zorba's.  (The Parthenon's reconstruction is a couple of weeks from completion.)  Later in the afternoon, I take Eddie to see Dr. Ellis.  The diagnosis:  a minor ear infection.  Back home, I continue to tidy up the new bedroom suite while taping CDs.  I even paint the cold side of the door between the hallway and garage.  While JoAnna eats yogurt and watches TV, Andy, Barb, and I travel to Cub Foods for what turns out to be a minor shopping trip.

No comments:

Labels