Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16, 1991

We leave for Two Rivers at 9:30.  Barb, of course, stays behind.  Andy and Eddie sleep during most of the trip, and JoAnna and I take advantage of this free time to talk.  Leaving Eddie with Grandma, we go shopping for shoes in the afternoon.  Both JoAnna and Andy score two pairs apiece.  I come up empty, though I do buy five postcards which I hope to use to records some psychological insights about the weekend.  Back at Grandma and Grandpa's, Andy insists that we go to the park.  I'm always looking for an excuse to escape the claustrophobic house, so I'm more than willing to go.   Andy amazes me with his dexterity and bravery on the monkey bars.  We get back to the house in time for me to drink a couple of martinis before dinner.  I spent the evening with the boys, watching TV in the living room and then just lounging around in the bedroom while the other enjoy an increasingly rowdy round of cards in the basement.  Someone has to stay upstairs since we didn't bring the monitor along -- and guess who volunteers?  I'm not in a party mood anyway.  Spending the evening with my two sons provides me with a contentment beyond compare.

No comments:

Labels