Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 1991


Just before I reach for the entrance to the library, Sheila rolls down the window on the passenger's side of her car and announces, "There's a message from Larry Martin in your mail slot."  Oh, good, I think, I have don't have to go the Capitol.  I can concentrate on preparing for my workshop instead.  Wrong answer.  We've just been bumped back a half hour.  Then a barrage of questions keeps me focused on reference duties for most of the morning.  How much would $25,000 (before the Crash) be worth today?  I spend at least a half hour searching through every possible source, to no avail.  I meet Larry Martin and Kathy Schneider at the White Horse Inn for lunch.  We discuss the strategy for our meeting with Chuck Chvala, who is surprisingly quick in his agreement.  It's 3:30 by the time we finish so I pick up Andy at daycare and drive him home.  I spend an hour or so at the library before heading home, stopping at Walgreen's to buy stuff for Barb's birthday.  JoAnna returns at 7:30, but it's another hour before we eat.  I fix a salad and microwaved lasagna.  .

No comments:

Labels