Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 1991


Where are my keys?  I search the house.  I even call the motel in La Crosse where I stayed Tuesday night.  In order for me to be able to get to my destination, JoAnna has to send me her car key by cab.  It arrives shortly after 9, which still gives me plenty of time to reorganize my boxes, drop off a couple of hats at daycare, and set up the books for my presentation at Madison Public, which goes well and fills up my allotted 90 minutes.  I take a stroll down State Street to run a few errands before returning to Middleton.  I have three extra copies of my car, house, and library keys made.  I buy JoAnna an anniversary card -- but no gift.  No time right now, I say to myself, I can do it tomorrow morning.  The afternoon at the library is spent playing catch-up, organizing my desk.  JoAnna has an evening meeting, so I do laundry -- at least what Barb hasn't already done.  She even mowed the lawn.

No comments:

Labels