Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 20, 1991


Sunday is basically a quiet and relaxing stay-at-home kind of time.  JoAnna and I finish up the yardwork.  I draw the line at digging up and turning over the garden area with a mattock.  Maybe we can rent a rototiller after all the leaves have fallen, I suggest.  After lunch, Andy and I ride our bikes to Marshall  Park.  (Eddie comes along, too.)  This is quite an undertaking for a 4 year old, and although he complains a little bit on the way home, he holds up very well.  As a result of our hour and a half of outdoor activity, both boys take long naps and I even doze off for a little bit during the late afternoon.

JoAnna fixes a fantastic supper:  roast chicken, dressing, mashed potatoes.  After kitchen cleanup, I catch glimpses of Game 2 of the World Series while continuing to force myself to get into what I'm beginning to consider a much overpraised new novel by Pete Dexter, "Brotherly Love".

No comments:

Labels