Friday, October 19, 2012

October 19, 1991


There's work to do.  I start the laundry, then , around midmorning, go food shopping with Andy. Barb comes along; she announced earlier that she has to buy some bras at Penney's.

During the afternoon, I finish installing the storm windows, a three-hour chunk of time.  While JoAnna and Andy are pulling up flowers, I pour myself a martini and chuckle my way through the last third of Native Tongue.

A delicious supper (pork chops and sauerkraut, boiled potatoes and steamed carrots) interrupts my progress.

Shortly after midnight, Andy starts to cry inconsolably.  I ignore the intrusion but end up moving to the TV room when Andy joins us in bed.  At first I just sack out on the couch, but then after a couple of hours of very broken sleep, I open the hideabed so I can stretch out my body without any impediments. 

No comments:

Labels