Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 23, 1991


JoAnna fixes pancakes for breakfast and later in the morning, I do the plantings under the big tree in the back yard.  The boys nap while JoAnna and Barb go shopping, but I really don't have time to get into the project.  Looks like all I'll be able to do this weekend is clear out my desk area.  During the late afternoon, Andy and Eddie and I walk to the park, where Andy and I play baseball.  Looks like Andy's going to be a spray hitter.  Larry and Martha join us for supper, but only stay until 7.  JoAnna gives the boys their baths.  I seem to be on autopilot, frequently thinking back to those times when all my free time was my own and I could jump on my bicycle and ride for hours, stopping every now and then to fire up a joint.  I was both lonely and contented then, a sometimes psychologically unwieldy combination.

No comments:

Labels