Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 27, 1991: Egg McMuffin with Sausage for Breakfast


As if it ever looked like this!

I wake up feeling extremely lethargic.  JoAnna's determined to sleep in since she didn't get home until 3:30.  By the time Andy and I leave the house, I already know I'm going to be late for my meeting, so I don't even bother to push it.  I stop at the McDonald's on Monona Drive and wolf down a egg McMuffin with sausage, a decision which results in my being 20 minutes late for the RFP Committee meeting.  The group seems to ramble or else I'm just not able to focus on any of the issues under discussion.  It's just not a morning to be productive, as I'm developing a sore throat, slightly runny nose, and, outside, an oppressive heat makes me long for winter and the chance to wear sweaters again.  I drive back to Middleton via the Lands End outlet, where I find a pair of gray linen slacks, 3 pullover shirts, and 2 casual tops suitable for cooler weather.  $170.

I spend the evening with the boys.  We go to the park.  Andy and I play baseball.

No comments:

Labels