Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3, 1991


I discover ants in the cupboard.  Lot of ants.  The little critters found the uncapped honey jar.  At least one had drowned in its pursuit of pleasure, but the others scatter in all directions when they encounter the exterminator.  I kill dozens of the intruders, clear out the boxes and other containers, and apply an extra-lethal dose of Raid.  As a result of this household battle, I get to work just before the library opens.  When I'm not answering reference questions, I work on the report for the board and my notes for next year's library building project workshop.

I spent the evening as a slave to my boom box, finishing the 1966 series, and then doing some fill-in taping.  About 11 o'clock, I prepare a cookie sheet full of corn meal-coated chicken wings. I wolf them down even though they are incredibly bland.  A side of ranch for dipping purposes does little to improve the taste.

No comments:

Labels