Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21, 1991


Back to a normal routine after three days on cloud nine last week.

As a result of the domino-theory rumors regarding automation funding, a call to Tom Ullsvik is high on my list of things to do.  I still sense that I have his support, though I have no idea how that will translate into dollars by the time the 1992 budget is finalized.  In regards to an unrelated issue, he suggests that I attend the City Hall Building Committee meeting later in the day to address the need for a clear picture as to what the library's role will be in the temporary relocation of staff.  The consensus is that the meeting room will be used for council and committee meetings.

After supper I take Andy shopping for a Halloween costume.  We find a Turtle outfit, but not with Michaelangelo colors.  Only Donatello is available in his size, and I convince him that it's the best choice.  I also buy him a "laser" sword, which gives him such a charge that by the next morning the batteries are already dead.

Does this guy have a hole in his memory or what?  Back to a normal routine?  Not until I have to deal with a dead car battery, wait for a truck from a nearby service station stop by to give me a jump, drive Andy to daycare since JoAnna wanted to get to work early.  Andy must not have closed the passenger door all the way after returning from his trip to Marshall Park with Auntie Barbara and Eddie.  And of course Barb would never know to check.  Two more months.  At least I'm plugging for a pre-Christmas release.

No comments:

Labels