Friday, January 18, 2013

Saturday, January 18, 1992


During breakfast, we decide whether or not to go skiing.  Bowling is offered as an alternative, but for all we know, the closest lanes may be in Ashland, a half hour drive from our weekend retreat.  Even though weather conditions are blustery and below zero, the presence of a bright sun in a clear blue sky is enough to convince us to go cross-country skiing.  Great choice.  We ski a very easy lap at Mt. Ashwabay.  JoAnna and I take a scenic, more intermediate route on the return trip to the chalet.  I feel so exhilarated by the 10K loop that I'm ready to hit the trail again.  But I control my urge to overexercise.  Back in Bayfield, we eat midafternoon lunch at the New Mariner -- Italian is their specialty -- after which couples retreat to their respective rooms for an afternoon of privacy.  JoAnna and I soak in the whirlpool and then make love.

Dinner is a nearly 3-hour, 5-course affair at the house.  We adjourn to Barb and Chuck's room for cards and talk.  We're a tired crew, and the gathering is a relatively brief one.

No comments:

Labels