Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thursday, February 20, 1992


Ross Perot announces his run for the Presidency

Shortly after my arrival at the library, I get a call from JoAnna.  "Can you visit a daycare this afternoon at 4?"  She's got a lead on a place for Eddie.  It's not the most convenient location -- just off the Beltline-Verona Road interchange -- but after this stressful week, we need to quickly investigate any leads that materialize.  The daycare -- one of three Steppingstone locations on Madison's West Side -- is a beehive of activity.  For the number of kids present, it at first seems to be a very small location, but that's because a visiting puppet show troupe is taking up a sizable chunk of the room.  Jill, the center director, puts me at ease immediately.  After a brief tour, I write out a check to reserve for Eddie.  JoAnna and I wanted to be able to place the boys in the same center, but that's just not possible in today's childcare environment.

No comments:

Labels