Monday, May 20, 2013

On This Date in 1998


I hope this card gets to you on time. While I was home for lunch today, it suddenly dawned on me that I have to get an anniversary card not only for my wife but for my brother and sister-in-law. Walgreen’s didn’t have the greatest selection of cards. Some are way too cute. I look at a picture of a couple of lovey-dovey mice or rabbits or other furry critters and can’t make the connection to the two of you. Some are way too mushy, sentimental glop I wouldn’t wish on JoAnna. So you end up with a couple of polar bears, my favorite animals. (No, I don’t see the two of your as large Arctic mammals either.) 

Recently I mapped out our summer schedule. Baseball, baseball, baseball – three times a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, frequently two games each evening through the end of July. Eddie is playing his first season in a coach-pitch league. Andy is in his second year of Little Bucks and will also be playing in a special league which will involve two or three weekend tournaments. Well, JoAnna and I didn’t have any plans until the first week of August anyway. T hat’s when her family reunion takes place. I’ll probably have to skip my high school reunion. The last weekend in July isn’t going to fit into any travel plans. At this point, I’m thinking we’ll probably drive to Warren after the weekend in Two Rivers. That following weekend, Renee (Shulman) Prayzer is celebrating her bat Mitzvah, a ceremony she never observed when she was thirteen. I think her recovery from a bone marrow transplant operation had a lot to do with this decision.

We’re off to Two Rivers this weekend. So far we don’t have any special anniversary plans. We might go to Mahout’s, where the rehearsal dinner was held, or we might just cook out, depending upon the weather. Anyway, enjoy your special day.

No comments:

Labels