Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1, 1992

#4 on the Billboard Hot 100

I get an early start to the day after a week's vacation.  The only surprise is that one of the sliding glass doors for the lobby display case is broken.  Otherwise, I zip through my mail and organize the May invoices.  Then I seem to be at a loss as to what to do next.  I have a long list of project screaming for my attention.  I take a break around 9:30 and eat a second, heartier breakfast at the Old Town Inn.  I try the chicken cordon bleu omelet, an uninspired but certainly edible concoction.  The American fries are very tasty.

The Dane County Reimbursement Study Committee meets at the Madison Public Library during the early afternoon.  I feel out of it here but still manage to make a few lucid contributions to the discussion.

For a change of pace, and in an effort to get my weight back down below 200, Andy and I walk home from Little Red.  He complains a few times about being tired walking.  So am I -- loaded down with my over-the-shoulder bag, a plastic string-tie bag containing our mail from the past week, and a brown grocery bag stuffed with a variety of Andy's leftovers from Little Red.

JoAnna's evening meeting is scheduled to we have a rare weekday evening to spend together.

No comments:

Labels