Sunday, August 18, 2013

On This Date in 1998


A Tuesday postscript.

During the month prior to our Warren visit, I had been meaning to write a note to Rick Dies, a high-school classmate and perennial member of the reunion planning committee. I wanted to ask him if I could buy a copy of the publication that contains biographical information that members of the class of ’68 send in. I enjoyed paging through the copy I received at the 1988 reunion, finding out where people lived, where they worked, whether they had children, what they liked to do.

Last Friday when I returned home from my meeting in La Crosse, I noticed a large manila envelope sticking out of the mailbox. The name on the return address was Rick Dies.

“Well, whaddya know, he read my mind, I thought, knowing what was in the envelope without having to open it first.

He enclosed a short note that mentioned the low turnout. Obviously, the committee ended up with extra copies of the biographies publication and decided to mail them out to some classmates who were unable to attend the reunion. I was pleased to be remembered.


No comments:

Labels