Tuesday, December 17, 2013

On This Date in 1998


Dear Michael, Elizabeth & family,

Our trip to New England keeps getting pushed farther into the future. This year our only family vacation is taking place the last two weeks of the year. That gives you an indication of how hectic things have been. We are spending a week in Two Rivers (WI) with JoAnna’s family and a week in Warren, Pennsylvania, where my parents (and 2 brothers and sister) still live.

I just finished my year as president of the Wisconsin Library Association. I’m in my 13th year as director of the Middleton Public Library and plenty of challenges still abound. My latest project is developing a plan to expand library services into 10,000 square feet of unfinished space on the lower level.

JoAnna just resigned her position as director of the State Senate Democratic caucus after a very busy 3 years in that position, including two special elections, toward the end of which I began to feel like a single dad. She’s giving up the stress and long hours of this job for the stress and long hours of something yet to be determined. She has plenty of options to consider.

The boys keep busy with the usual array of kids’ activities. Andy already has a year-round sports schedule. No overlap yet. Eddie continues to amaze us with his artistic abilities. He’s always drawing.

After nearly 30 years, the connection to the UB era of my life has been reduced to a few names I send a piece of mail to on an annual basis. There’s the two of you, Tony & Andrea, and Chris Lauer. I still look back on those years fondly, but, at the same time, am very happy to be where I am now!

Best wishes. Hope we can connect face-to-face sometime in the not-too-distant future, at least while we’re still ambulatory.

No comments:

Labels