Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Reminds Me of a Johnny Rivers Song


Slow bloggin', swaying to the feeling
Slow bloggin', just me and my Dell
Slow bloggin', swaying to the feeling
No one else in the whole wide world

Oh, wait a minute. That's slow dancin'. Sorry, Johnny.

The "Style" section of Sunday's New York Times features this article on the slow blogging trend, inspired by the slow food movement, or so says Barbara Ganley, one of the self-described slow bloggers interviewed for the article. In their world, blogs that feature a stream a daily posts are the fast-food restaurants of the Internet -- great for occasional consumption, but not enough to guarantee human sustenance over the longer haul.

There's even a Slog Blog Manifesto. (And here.) "Retiring Guy" probably fits this category, though metaphorically it might be one of the books that looks a little out of place on the shelf. My other blogs are primarily virtual file drawers. For example, I stopped cutting articles out of newspapers, mainly the New York Times, earlier this year. One of my filing systems was to scotch-tape or glue-stick these clippings into a Rand McNally Road Atlas -- by year. (If you think that is going to extremes, you should see the Nelson/Richard family archives.)

Now I take this approach. And I suppose there's a name for it, too.

My favorite slow blogging location (Easiest to access.)

No comments:

Labels