Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 1991

JoAnna and I make the mistake of allowing Andy to sleep with us.  Consequently, I experience a restless night. I take care of Eddie's 5 a.m. feeding, allowing him to fall back asleep on my chest before returning him -- and myself -- to bed.  Around 8 o'clock I stretch my arm and discover that I'm alone in bed.  I then sleep peacefully for two hours.

Until our guests arrive, it's chore time:  cleaning the house, doing laundry.  I walk to Sentry to buy the ingredients for an appetizer.  It's a cold, blustery day, and my face is nearly frozen when I return.  Chuck and Barb, Larry and Martha join us for dinner, a very relaxing, cozy evening.  The one low point:  my sister's contribution to the conversation about nicknames.  Am I being overly sensitive or are certain embarrassing family-related flashes from the past truly inappropriate?

No comments:

Labels