Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 1991



I serve Eddie his early breakfast.  By the time he's settled down and back in his crib, I decide it's too late to go back to bed.  I exercise, then read the paper and drink coffee.  For the most part, it's an uneventful day.  During the afternoon, Eddie and Andy and JoAnna and I take a walk around the block.  Andy has to be carried much of the time. . We nosh on leftovers while watching the Super Bowl game.  Actually, I'm sitting at my desk, reorganizing my notebooks.  The game is mostly background noise for me during the first quarter.  I start to get into the proceedings during the second quarter, but at halftime, I snap.  I rave about wanting the TV to break down so we'll be without one since I know JoAnna will never go out and buy one and that what we're watching is nothing more than a string of commercials occasionally interrupted by a football game.  The sight of Bush's stupidly grinning face sends me reeling out of the room.

No comments:

Labels