Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14, 1991


I start off the day's specialness with Valentine cards and pictures of Andy and Eddie placed strategically on the dining table.  At lunchtime, I stop at Middleton Floral to buy a corsage for JoAnna, but naturally they're too busy for any additional orders.  Not wanting to walk away empty-handed, I purchase one dozen red roses.

JoAnna and I meet Larry and Martha at the Top of the Park.  We arrive first and immediately order drinks.  "Are you going to order a martini?" JoAnna asks   The waiter takes her order then walks away.  I wave him back to be more specific, but  he still brings me something "different", a martini with a twist instead of an olive.

Dinner at the Blue Marlin is outstanding.   I order a filet mignon stuffed with oysters.  As the evening progresses, I occasionally wonder if it appears obvious that I've had too much to drink.  I'm not in the mood to give it much thought, though.

No comments:

Labels