Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28, 1991

Middleton hosts the South Central Library System's Summer Library Program workshop.  Approximately 120 attendees are squeezed into the basement meeting room.  Despite my fears, the day seems to go well.  Shortly before noon, I serve as a tour guide for a group of 25.  What do I hear when I ask for questions?  Do you have any job openings?  The library makes a strong, very positive impression.

Since Sharon is not feeling well, I volunteer to work the evening shift at the reference desk, which results in a 12-hour workday.  At first, I continue the gratifying progress  I made on the long-range plan revision during the afternoon.  Before leaving the library, I transcribe calendar notes, mostly from a few days before the wedding to July 1986.  What dramatic changes:  new lifestyle, new job, new home, new realizations.  

No comments:

Labels