Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 1991



My only full day at the library this week.  With tomorrow's full-day workshop staring me in the face and the need to do some fine-tuning based on yesterday's helpful evaluations, I don't have time for regular chores outside of looking through my mail.  Kathleen picks me up at 5:30, one-half hour past our agreed-upon time, but in the short time that I've known her, punctuality does not appear to be one of her strong suits.  During the drive along U.S. 14 to La Crosse, I learn the reason for the John Nichols connection.  Outside of a slight, and it's a very slight, physical resemblance, they are both Irish and from New York City, Kathleen from Manhattan's Upper West Side, John from the Bronx.  Once in La Crosse, we drop off my boxes at the public library.  Then I check into my motel room, which is located just a few blocks from the library.  I walk to a nearby Country Kitchen for supper and watch baseball on TV before going to sleep around 11.

No comments:

Labels