Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 1991



I'm conscious one-half hour before my scheduled 6 a.m. wake-up call.  I felt a need to program my mental alarm clock.  Amazing what the mind can do upon request.  I walk to a downtown restaurant called The Pancake House, buying a couple of newspapers out of vending machines along the way and inexplicably order a huge breakfast.  I eat barely a third of the monstrous omelet and leave a plate of potatoes practically untouched.

Today's workshop goes extremely well, due in large part to the small size of the group.  I start of confidently, perhaps a little too much so, which means I probably came across a little too dry and humorless.  I received very positive responses -- and at least six handshakes -- at the end of the day.  Kathleen and I take the same route back to Madison.  I sometimes find it difficult to keep up end of the conversation going and was content to stare out the window and admire the springing-into-green Wisconsin landscape.  At the library, I simply unload the boxes of books and leave the reorganizing of them until tomorrow.  A big Bombay martini is my reward for a very productive and gratifying day.

No comments:

Labels