Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21, 1991


After a telephone conversation with Tom Ullsvik, I am walking on air, I can barely contain my elation.  Tom has no problem with the automation capital expenditure.  He feels the support of the Finance Committee is there.  He also asks about decision items, so I give him a preview of the library's 1992 budget proposal and even throw in a few justifications here and there.  His comment, "You have a great story to tell" stays with me all day.  John Westbury and I meet with Liz Erpenbach in the afternoon and she, too, is supportive.

I pick up Andy and then rush back to the library to spend my second evening in a row at the reference desk.  Once I'm home and in bed, I have trouble falling asleep.  The phone jars me awake at 2:20.  A security system malfunction.  I'm lucky to remember to put on a pair of pants before I leave.  Still half-asleep, I attempt to clear the 09 code, to no avail.  I lay in bed awake for most of the rest of the night.

No comments:

Labels